Salad bowl set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from triw51

triw51

A salad bowl set I was asked to make for a friend he wanted it to be a Christmas gift to his wife.
The large bowl (13" dia.) is cherry and the four smaller (6.5" dia.) bowls are mesquite. The mesquite was from local logs I cut and the cherry blank was a gift when I bough my lathe. The finish is orange oil and bees wax.
Critics and Comments welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Well done Bill,
They look to be all the same size and similar grain pattern.
I have made some salad bowl sets before, but when they use them in front of me, or serve me a salad in them, all I can think of is." Be careful with them, I have a lot of time in that!!!!!"

OLIVE WOOD

Those are really nice. I never have turned bowl. Seeing these makes me really want to do it. I do have one question. What do you use to finishe them with so you can actually eat out of them?

OLIVE WOOD

Those are really nice. I never have turned bowl. Seeing these makes me really want to do it. That's going to be an awesome Christmas gift.

triw51

Well done Bill,
They look to be all the same size and similar grain pattern.
I have made some salad bowl sets before, but when they use them in front of me, or serve me a salad in them, all I can think of is." Be careful with them, I have a lot of time in that!!!!!"

I understand how you feel, When some one picked one up to look at it I wanted to take it away and protect it.

Top Bottom