• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Hmmm .... the purpose behind a "safety" razor is to ensure that if it DOES cut you, the cut cannot be excessively deep .... in the case of the design on these, less than a few millimeters. The way the blade is held in the razor head curves the blade to the proper degree so that it will efficiently cut the hairs as you slide it across the skin, without cutting the skin.

These can be used by men or women, for whichever areas they intend to shave, normally ... :p

The best thing about them is that if your hair is very thick and tends to clog up multi-blade razors, these don't clog up nearly as badly, and rinse out readily. Also, the larger much sturdier single blade doesn't get nicked up and dulled nearly as fast as those tiny little multi-bladed razor heads.

Personally ... I shave with a straight razor (using the same replaceable blades as this safety razor) first, to get rid of the heavy scruff .... then I lather again and shave with my safety razor to clean the rest off .... finally I lather again and go back with one of those multi-headed razors (my Mach 5) to clean up the last of it. That is, if I'm going to a wedding or something, where I might get shot for not being presentable.

If I show up clean shaven, they usually overlook the very long hair that I have done up in a braid in back .... :)

MTViper

Great job, Ernie. I made one of these in blackjack oak along with the stand that matched it. I took it to 2 craft fairs and put a price on it high enough to pay for my craftsmanship and/or make sure no one else bought it. I didn't expect most people who saw it to know what it was. I've got one of those beards Skie described above. I can use this razor once or I can go thru 2-3 disposable multi-blade razors. Haven't had the courage to try a straight razor.

Top Bottom