Ring Holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rounder

Rounder

Here is a ring holder I made from cedar and an acrylic piece that was given to me by my son. It has a wipe on poly finish. Stands 3" tall and 3" wide. Love the figure in the wood. All comments and critiques welcome.

Attachments

• P1050005.JPG
    P1050005.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 176
  • P1050007.JPG
    P1050007.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 163
  • P1050009.JPG
    P1050009.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 194
  • P1050006.JPG
    P1050006.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 161
  • P1050011.JPG
    P1050011.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mjmeldrum

Dehn0045

I must have missed this when you posted it, very nice! I agree that the figure of the wood is beautiful. I made my wife a ring holder when I was first learning to turn a year ago. I basically had no clue what I was doing, the post ended up being slightly crooked and the bowl portion is more of a plate. Also, I just used a friction polish finish and the finish is starting to wear off on the post -- I like your idea of using an acrylic, it'll hold up much longer. Even with all of its flaws, she loves it and still uses it every day. Yours turned out a lot better than mine, your experience shows, I'm sure whoever ends up with it will treasure it forever.

Rounder

I must have missed this when you posted it, very nice! I agree that the figure of the wood is beautiful. I made my wife a ring holder when I was first learning to turn a year ago. I basically had no clue what I was doing, the post ended up being slightly crooked and the bowl portion is more of a plate. Also, I just used a friction polish finish and the finish is starting to wear off on the post -- I like your idea of using an acrylic, it'll hold up much longer. Even with all of its flaws, she loves it and still uses it every day. Yours turned out a lot better than mine, your experience shows, I'm sure whoever ends up with it will treasure it forever.

Thanks for the kind words. I am curious how well the WOP finish will hold up under use.

Top Bottom