A requested bottle stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jleiwig

jleiwig

I took my shredded money bottle stopper to work Friday, and a lot of people really liked it. A guy I know and fellow Buckeye fiend told me to make him something Buckeyes and he'd buy it. So this is the result.
attachment.php

attachment.php

It's ebony, with a couple coats of CA on it, but I had to stop when I found out that CA and I don't get along. It has a Chick Harley medallion embedded in the end.

They passed out a series of 12 different Buckeye greats at each game of the 2005 season. I only went to one game that year, so I only have two of the Chick Harley Medallions. Collectable? Sure..to me and the other 106,000 people in attendance.

Am I 100% happy with it? No, but I'm only charging him $20 for it since he's a friend. The ebony cost me 10 bucks and the bottle stopper cost me 6 bucks, so I'm barely making anything off of it and I don't feel that bad that finish isn't as good as I'd like.

I'm hoping this friday to order some enduro or unaxol to try with the proceeds from this sale since the CA likes to try to kill me.

Again, sorry for the pics until I can get my new camera to try. I didn't even bother setting up the light tent.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Update! He loved it! :biggrin:

He wanted to pay me what I told him I would normally charge someone else. $35 bucks, but I refused. I told him $20, and that's what he's paying me. I'm very happy to have my first sale of something made with my blood, sweat and tears.

Top Bottom