Raccoon Calls?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jzerger

jzerger

I was asked if I could make a raccoon call?
I've made numerous duck and goose calls and deer grunts.
I'm not a hunter and don't want to tune my own (I usually get the inserts from Echo or PSI (deer).
Is there such a thing as a raccoon call that I could turn on a lathe?
If so, where can I get the inserts?
Thanks in advance,
john

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

John; I think anything that sounds like a garbage can opening will do !! Try allpredators.com, they sell raccoon calls and all sorts of reeds to make calls. What you want is a call that sounds like a raccoon fighting. Jim S

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
John; I think anything that sounds like a garbage can opening will do !! Try allpredators.com, they sell raccoon calls and all sorts of reeds to make calls. What you want is a call that sounds like a raccoon fighting. Jim S

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Are raccoons actually IAP members? Can't miss a good fight!!???:eek::eek::eek:

For us, we were not home ever during the day or early evening, so the raccoons ate a hole in the roof and moved in. (I found a guy who moved them out---several times. They kept making new holes!!)

jzerger

Thanks for the advice. My next door neighbor and I have "relocated" 31 raccoons over the past couple of years with the usual sardine entrée.
I just thought he'd get a kick out of a homemade raccoon call. I can find the reeds and already made ones...but not an easy insert yet. Yep, most are called squallors I think.

Top Bottom