Purple & Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KKingery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

Had a request for a Purple & Gold "LSU" rod. This is the finished result. Just thought I'd post it up since I have'nt posted anything in quite awhile. Hope that's ok.

200761813232_LSU%20resize.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

Ken, That is really nice. What kind of wood did you use and what did you use as a finish? I am guessing the wood was dyed purple.
Thanks

JimGo

Have you shown that to Michael Wine? It's VERY purple - if you changed the gold to maroon, I'd be he'd buy it! [:D] BTW, nice job!!!

TBone

Originally posted by KKingery
<br />Had a request for a Purple & Gold "<b>ECU</b>" rod. This is the finished result. Just thought I'd post it up since I have'nt posted anything in quite awhile. Hope that's ok.

200761813232_LSU%20resize.jpg
<br />

Fixed It For You [:D][:D][:D]

Beautiful Work

KKingery

Thanks for the comments! Actually, it's not wood at all. After many, many months of searching, I FINALLY found a supplier that sells 1-1/2 round stock of a casted resin basically, the same material that many of you cast for your own pen blanks). I turns and drills like acrylic, and I gotta tell you, it comes in a ton of colors. My most popular, is the White Pearl that resembles the look of an old pearl handle six-shooter. But I do warn people I sell rods to made from this material - Don't drop it on concrete! Other than that, it's near indestructable.

soundman

Hmm so you fellas have a market for fancy rod handles over there.

It hasn't taken on over here... to my knoweledge.

So whats the story
you turn the timber parts to replace the existing items on a shop baught rod or does the whole thing happen from first principles and you buy tha handle parts?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom