PSI small pepper mill kit (PKGRIND7)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Any one make these? I just got a few and the instructions appear to be backwards to me. It says the 36mm hole should be in the top and the 1-1/2" hole in the bottom. I assume the top is where the handle goes. If so, mine fit better with the 1-1/2" hole at the top. Did I do something wrong?

Monty,
Are you talking about the little 4" mini grinder... like this one?

If so, the 1 1/2 inch goes in the bottom and the 36 mm is for the crank handle in the top... if this is the right one, you drill the bottom at 1 1/2 for 3/8" deep, then switch to the 1 1/16 for 3 1/2 inches, then reverse the blank and drill the top hole... I usually have between 1/2 and 3/4" of wood in the top where the handle fits...

I just bought their "Midi" 6 1/2" crank grinder and tried a couple of them today... they drill the same way, except the directions calls for a 4" deep drill on the 1 1/16... I took it to almost 5 inches and still had my 1/2 to 3/4" of wood on the top... haven't assembled yet, but looks to be same assembly.

PSI has also just come out with another PKGRIND7 series that has 3 different shaft lengths... I bought 6 of those, but haven't tried them yet... they just arrived today.

I bought them through Woodturningz, but first saw them in the PSI catalog.

Attachments

• 34-3041_0.JPG
    34-3041_0.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 197
If you're talking about this little set, that has the silver cap under the handle, I had a little trouble with those, but you cut a 1 1/1 in both ends of these... one is 3/8" deep and the top is shallower, about 1/8" I think... I think I had to expand one of the holes slightly to fit properly... then the center is drilled with a 1 1/16 through hold.... I only made 3 or 4 sets of these and have a couple I've not made up yet... not sure I like them all that much.

I make and sell the little 4" jobs pretty regularly.

Attachments

• 35-1851_0.JPG
    35-1851_0.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 186
Top Bottom