PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mesquite Woodworker

Why do we have to have so much patience with these folks when it is our purchases which keep them in business, you have to hold for ever and then the response for the inferior products. Sure wish there was other avenues.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Why do we have to have so much patience with these folks when it is our purchases which keep them in business, you have to hold for ever and then the response for the inferior products. Sure wish there was other avenues.

Maybe because it's just a few days before Christmas and they are a little busy. Inferior products? So let me understand. You are deliberately buying inferior products?

The only problem I have had with PSI is their chat line is very slow. I've gotten a few kits from both PSI and another PSI supplier that had missing parts or parts that weren't plated correctly. All were taken care of and the kits made right. On their shipping they always send by ground and say it will take 8 business days. I almost always get it in 5 days.

mecompco

Yes. I've only had a couple of issues with products from them over the last few years. Once I learned to call customer service (email is useless) the issues were resolved to my satisfaction.

I don't often order from them directly these days. If I want PSI stuff, I'll buy from Exotics. I know darned well that Ed and Dawn will take care of any issues promptly (and their prices are usually better than PSI's on identical products).

I also buy PSI products from other dealers, mainly to give the smaller guys my business. However when I have ordered from PSI and have had any problems, once I called them, they fixed the problems immediately.

I must be one of the lucky ones... in 17+ years dealing with PSI, I've never had an issue that required a phone call... they've called me once or twice if something was amiss on my order.. in my opinion they are good folks.

Herb G

I no longer use PSI due to their customer service.:mad:
I think you mean lack of it. They canceled my last order & told me my "piddling little orders" didn't matter to them. They also said they wouldn't fill any future orders from me.
I never placed one for less than $100.

Screw 'em. :wink:

monophoto

I've had nothing but good experience with PSI.

My first order was shortly after purchasing my first lathe (which I have since sold). One of the items I ordered was a stopper mandrel, and I placed the order on the basis of information that was printed in the instruction book. About an hour after placing the order, I discovered that the instruction book contained bad information, and I had ordered the wrong mandrel. I sent a followup e-mail to customer service, and when I received the material a few days later, they had recognized the correction.

Typical turnaround time for order is less than a week. Usually, if I order in the morning, the order ships that afternoon.

And PSI Technical Support is really outstanding. My new lathe is a Turncrafter, and their tech quys are a great resource of information.

Curly

Mesquite Woodworker your first post @ 5:44am complains but doesn't explain what your problem was and then @ 6:01am, just 17 minutes later, you say the problem is resolved.

I understand people have a lot of issues with PSI, or at least the vocal ones do, but I think this thread is unfair to them. It serves no purpose except to bring out the haters and defenders over an unknown issue. If the thread started with an explanation of what the issue is, what steps took place to try and resolve it would be far more useful to members.

Merry Christmas :biggrin:

mmayo

I too no longer buy from PSI. I like some of their products and detest their customer service. They were quite short to the point of rudeness. Nothing I said or did warranted this behavior (IMHO).

WoodTurningz is a good source that sells almost all PSI stuff at less than PSI. I also shop PSI stuff from Exotic Blanks and other vendors. The customer service from everyone except PSI is superb, thoughtful, helpful and polite. No sense rewarding rudeness.

WriteON

I've been a 100% loyal customer and I'm
staying one until. Any reasonable problems I ever had were taken care of ASAP. Don't think they do not care about their customers. They do.

Woodchipper

IMHO, a lot stems from who you talk to and what mood they are in. If you ever worked in customer service, it can be a hassle. I worked with a lady who was in CS for an appliance manufacturer. She quit after two years of getting cussed/screamed at/yelled at/and verbally abused in many ways because people couldn't understand why their 20 year old range wasn't under warranty.

Top Bottom