Prehistoric Puzzels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd_ab_penman

I make Dinosaur puzzels and kids just love them!
There is a set of seven different dinosaurs made from 1/8" Baltic Birch plywood. They stand 12" high and are 18" in length. The trick is to cut the pieces so the fit together tight enough so they stay together, but not so tight that they are too hard to take apart!
The number of pieces for each range from 50 to 65 and can be quite a challange for the kids and some adults too! They look cool sitting on shelves in the kids rooms too!
The original patterns were to use 1/4" plywood so I reduced by 50% to make puzzels.

20076254945_Tyranosaurus.jpg

200762541058_Spinosaurus.jpg

Les Elm
Red Deer, Alberta
200762541234_canada.gif

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Very nice work, I love those things. My day job is a Modelmaker for Caterpillar Inc. I have a local high school woodworking class come in each year for a tour. Last year I scaled one of those up to use 3/4" plywood and cut it out on the Computer Numerical Control Router. It stood just under 5' tall and over 8' long. Those kids loved it. I guess it was sent all over the school district and resides in the city library for the summer. I would love to get a terradactyl (sp?) in that scale so I could hang it from the ceiling in the shop!! I cropped the photo the kids sent me to show the "little guy" in the background.

200763015511_dino.jpg

rd_ab_penman

Originally posted by low_48
<br />Very nice work, I love those things. My day job is a Modelmaker for Caterpillar Inc. I have a local high school woodworking class come in each year for a tour. Last year I scaled one of those up to use 3/4" plywood and cut it out on the Computer Numerical Control Router. It stood just under 5' tall and over 8' long. Those kids loved it. I guess it was sent all over the school district and resides in the city library for the summer. I would love to get a terradactyl (sp?) in that scale so I could hang it from the ceiling in the shop!! I cropped the photo the kids sent me to show the "little guy" in the background.

Nice Job! Do you plan on doing the other six in this scale? Should try cutting one out on the bandsaw.
Les Elm in Alberta
200763032052_Alberta.gif
<br />
"What's Your Carbon Footprint?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom