Pocket Knives (Damascus)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from budnder

budnder

I did one of the Rockler kits, thinking that it would be a good warm up to a more expensive kit I got from Jantz Supply. The Rockler was easy and turned out fine, so I dove right in to the pricey kit. I'm happy with how it turned out also, but, man, it was way harder than the Rockler kit. I guess it was because (aside from the blade), none of the liner metal was finished or final shaped, so lots more filing/sanding/shaping. Oh yeah, and I had to learn how to peen.

The scales on the Rockler kit are Cherry, finished in Tru Oil.

The scales on the Jantz kit are some found wood (pictured) - I think it's Walnut. I stabilized the wood and did a CA finish on it. The blade is VG-10 Damascus.

Attachments

• xmasGifts-100.jpg
    xmasGifts-100.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 311
  • xmasGifts-101.jpg
    xmasGifts-101.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Those are lovely knives !!!!! . But which one is which please ? . Ahhh ... let me guess ... the second one looks like cherry so Rockler !!!

Last edited:

budnder

Yeah, the "make the blade yourself" is kinda interesting. Not sure if I'll progress that deep. I have two more knife projects in the works - a set of steak knives and a nice Damscus hunting knife - both with purchased blades. We'll see how those go.

Top Bottom