Plexiglass LED light

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

I get a little geeky here...

xeE6dBwl.jpg

5cWShgLl.jpg

This build was full of trouble. First off my 3/16 bandsaw blade was completely dull, I ended up really pushing it and broke the blade. (and scared myself pretty good too!)

3IikJ0Pl.jpg

Then I broke the first two pieces of plexiglass I cut out! Finally I had to re-think the method for attaching the plexiglass to the base.

uEZ0Xrgl.jpg

I'm glad the plexiglass didn't work as planned and isn't permanently connected. I like that it is now a modular LED box that can change with my moods, but it's hard when a project doesn't go as planned...

Plexiglass LED Light - YouTube

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Great use of "TIM THE DESTROYER"!

"Seems simple enough. . . . . . . . . . . . . . How many horrible ideas have I started with that sentence?" :laugh::laugh:

Very entertaining. And pretty cool too.

seamus7227

yeah, the idea spurred new ideas for me! thanks for sharing!! You can also buy light sensors on amazon so you dont need the switch, depending on the application!

D.Oliver

Thanks Derek! Glad to see some walnut again? ;)

You know I did hear a rumor that now that you're a celebrity they are thinking about renaming Claro walnut to Peter Brown Walnut!

Three questions? The plex with the triangles seems to be familiar to me. Is it from Zelda? Also the scrollsaw looked cool. Did I see a sanding wheel on the right side of it at about the 2:52 mark in the video? What kind of saw is it? Now that you're a master scroller you can hollow out the inside with your scroll saw and won't need to glue your bandsaw entry cut.

And Bob's right.... That Tim the Destroyer bit was hilarious.

kludge77

Thanks Derek! Glad to see some walnut again? ;)

You know I did hear a rumor that now that you're a celebrity they are thinking about renaming Claro walnut to Peter Brown Walnut!

Three questions? The plex with the triangles seems to be familiar to me. Is it from Zelda? Also the scrollsaw looked cool. Did I see a sanding wheel on the right side of it at about the 2:52 mark in the video? What kind of saw is it? Now that you're a master scroller you can hollow out the inside with your scroll saw and won't need to glue your bandsaw entry cut.

And Bob's right.... That Tim the Destroyer bit was hilarious.

Totally. It's the Triforce from Legend of Zelda games!

The scroll saw was really cool. It's a 1980's Craftsman so it's not a very good tool but since it came with the shop I figured I'd give it a go. It does have an sander on there. I haven't tried that yet!

Thanks again!

-peter

Top Bottom