Please share some set up photos of the pendant plates.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LandfillLumber

I have the deluxe model,and just want some more pics on the set up of it.Some through the process of making one would be great as well.I have seen the few in the plate post made by i think (Richard),these are helpful but for us dumb folks we need more,lol.Thank you all,Victor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'll take some pics this weekend of mine in progress.... I'd love to help, especially since the discussion would be good as parts of it still have me a bit spazzed...

My biggest problem is finishing the backs of wood ones. If I finish then flip, they don't stay attached as nice as the finish doesn't stick to the double sided tape as well.

I'm actually trying to come up with a good holder so I could finish the back after the front is done..

alphageek

Former Moderator
I got some double stick pressure tape from woodcraft... It works GREAT unless I have done a finish (blo/ca) so I'm not sure that ANY tape is going to work well on that.... Unless maybe I let it cure longer. If I do them in 'batches' maybe... Backs one day and flip sides a day or more later.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Not sure about the BLO, but it will stick to the CA and lacquer.
It will come off of a wax finish though. (or it takes the finish with it)

alphageek

Former Moderator
I agree.. something about oil and sticky don't work :)...

I've posted my photos/note in a new thread Victor... Looking forward to discussion.

Grizz

Banned
I have the deluxe model,and just want some more pics on the set up of it.Some through the process of making one would be great as well.I have seen the few in the plate post made by i think (Richard),these are helpful but for us dumb folks we need more,lol.Thank you all,Victor

a posted video would work wonders!!

Top Bottom