Pinstripe tool handle blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hi fellas, made these blanks this weekend.1 1/4" x 12".Too much wast turning them down to pen size.Thinking about making a spindle chisel handle or maybe a pen box. Do you think it would hold up well for something like that?

Attachments

• pinstripe tool handle.jpg
    pinstripe tool handle.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCF3220.jpg
    DSCF3220.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alankulwicki7

Hi fellas, made these blanks this weekend.1 1/4" x 12".Too much wast turning them down to pen size.Thinking about making a spindle chisel handle or maybe a pen box. Do you think it would hold up well for something like that?

Should be fine for a tool handle. Or you could make wine stoppers, bottle openers, etc. I agree that it would be a waste for pen blanks....

Fay Prozora

They are beautiful. They would make nice pen boxes or tool handles and you'll have interesting ones. People will ask you how you made them. Let's see what you decide to make out of those.. Fay

Curly

Nice looking blanks. Branden (penl8the I think is his handle) made similar blanks that were pen sized and looked good on the Panache kit. He had a very good cutting method to slice the wedges safely.

As to using yours as tool handles. So long as the glue up is good they should be just as good as solid. Will give you instant identification of tools if the blade isn't visible.

Dale Lynch

Rusty,great idea but I'm not that confident in my boring skills to go that deep yet.

Curly,I used his tutorial on cutting thin strips to make my blank for the bash contest awhile back.This tjme no vacuum,other than that I used the same setup.Believe it or not whe I first tried it I was only going for 8 pieces but ended up with 16,wondering how that hapened.

thanks guys.

Dale Lynch

Skewed my new tool handle

Got a handle done.Wasn't sure which tool I was gonna rehandle,but my tools decided for me.After turning my wifes birthday gift,when I was putting my tools away,the skew just fell right out of its handle and stuck in the bench!"Well alright then,that was easy."

Attachments

• DSCF3226.jpg
    DSCF3226.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom