Photos... or it didn't happen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
I took a photo for the crowd. They aren't the best photos, but I got them.
This is just cut and nothing done to it yet. There is still quite a bit of hand work left to do. I need to remove the marks and polish it, and then a color fill. Then there is the rest of the box to do.
The first photo shows the lid design, and the second photo shows the back side to show the rabbet and the actual color of the Corian.

I will add a couple of progression photos and a completion photo.

lWDUOU1.jpg

VjJolCO.png

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I just finished the color fill and gluing up the base.

Since there doesn't seem to be interest in this, I will attempt to get a photo of the completed box, instead of the progression photos.

I'm guessing the lack of interest is based on the fact that this isn't a pen, or because I didn't make it completely by hand, or any combination of the two.
Although that is true, I still enjoy the challenges involved.

Terredax

Banned
This is more of a progression photo rather than a completion photo, since it isn't finished. This will likely be the last photo of this box, but it gives an idea of what the finished box will look like.

I spent several hours doing the color fill and getting the finish on the lid. Now I will be spending several more hours on the outside of the box portion to get the finish. I do this all by hand, it is much more accurate for me to use this method. The quarter is for scale.

I'm still hopeful that I will get it finished in time for Saturday's dinner.

0zriBKi.jpg

ijAV7gF.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Terredax

Banned
Looks good John! I'm sure it will be warmly received.

We gave it to her on Saturday and she absolutely loved it. She kept talking about it and touching it. I believe she has put it to use as well.

It's one of those good feelings, seeing someone genuinely pleased with something you've made for them.

Top Bottom