Pendant Time!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Pendant Time...again!

Several years ago, I made a number of pendants for gifts. The completed pendant necklace is from that batch. (Wifey did the bead work!)
Well, Wifey asks me if I can turn some more, for a coworker and a couple for a quilt guild auction. So here are a few.
These are all Colorwood. All are diagonal cut except the blue one and are finished with EEE and Ren wax.

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_7794.jpg
    IMG_7794.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DLGunn

Great idea. I love those. Thanks for sharing. I would have never thought to diagonal cut these for pendants. I'll have to give this a try.

Charlie_W

Great idea. I love those. Thanks for sharing. I would have never thought to diagonal cut these for pendants. I'll have to give this a try.

Thanks!
You can see that some of the diagonally cut pendants were glued up from other diagonal cut off strips.
You can vary the look by which direction the angled lines go in relation to the drilled hole....(cascading forward vs towards the rear). Think of a louvered door or shutter.
I orient the hole as well.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Thanks all,

Wifey just strung up one of these for her coworker with almost exactly the same beading since the coworker likes it so much.
Here is a pic of the finished pendant/necklace. It has Sterling Silver fittings and some genuine stone pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 166
Top Bottom