Pen storage box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ElMostro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMostro

If you make pens you have to put them somwhere right? So I made this box to display/store pens. It is Padauk body with maple pulls and royal blue flocking. It holds <s>24</s> 23 pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Would you like to make them for resale?

I have looked for a similar case for years.

Has to be able to be retailed around $100, so wholesale $40 plus freight. Not padauk, cause it looks like "China wood". But, I will supply wood, if you like, just don't want to make it.[:D]

ahoiberg

very nice box, i've been lookin' for something like that myself...

where did you get the flocking material and did it some shaped like that or did you custom that somehow?

ElMostro

Andrew, the box is custom made, the flocking is the hardest/tedios part. I basicaly made some grooves with a dado and then flocked the trays.

Originally posted by ahoiberg
<br />very nice box, i've been lookin' for something like that myself...

where did you get the flocking material and did it some shaped like that or did you custom that somehow?

Texatdurango

Hi Eugene,

Did you use the Suede-Tex flocking, where you apply the glue then use the bug bomb shaped gizmo to blow the fibers on?

The reason I ask is that several times in the past, I used the Suede-Tex flocking and it didn't seem to last so I started using crushed velvet in my jewelry boxes instead.

I'm also getting a nice little collection of pens now and need something to put them in so will probably be making a few boxes myself rather than keep buying the leather binders for $40 a pop.

Very nice looking box... but where is the hidden compartment, I only count 23 slots [:D]

George

ElMostro

OK, I cant count[B)]...its 23...bottom shelf holds one pen less.
Yes George it is the tex suede flockin. I have made some jewelry boxes for my daughters and they are holding pretty good...going on 3 years.

Texatdurango

Good to hear that it's holding up well. It's probably been 20 - 25 years since I last used it, perhaps it's time to give it another try. Who knows, I could have experienced a bit of operator error back then!

George

Originally posted by ElMostro
<br />OK, I cant count[B)]...its 23...bottom shelf holds one pen less.
Yes George it is the tex suede flockin. I have made some jewelry boxes for my daughters and they are holding pretty good...going on 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom