Pen display

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryMGg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

Woohoo! Sold a few more pens but more importantly (to me) I now have a local retail outlet
that's going to see how marketing my pens goes. :D
So, only built two pens tonight because I had to knock something out so they could
display a few pens. I turned a black walnut dowel and used some black walnut and maple to
cobble this stand together:

DisplayStand1.jpg

The stand will hold seven pens. Hopefully, I'll have to make a bigger one for them soon.

- G -

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Nice looking stand Gary and congrats on the selling location. I have a few pens in a local book store on consignment. I started out with a small display and now have a big locking display. I mention the locking display because this is something you may want to consider. Good luck!

GaryMGg

Mark,
Quite a coincidence -- this retailer is a new bookstore too.
Thanks for the idea of a locking cabinet. I hope I'll need it.
Chuck & Pete: Copy away. [;)]
Skye -- I don't understand your post. Please explain.

- G -

Rifleman1776

Nice looking. But check your pens from time to time. I made some stands from red cedar and the contact with the stand ruined the finish where it touched. Might just have been the cedar that was the culprit, I'm not sure. But when I needed a stand again, I bought an acrylic from CS.

ilikewood

I'll second Mark's "locking cabinet". I had a bunch of pens and other things in a store too. Some person specifically entered the store and stole hundreds of dollars of my things only. If you look in the archived articles, the one I wrote about the "Ice Cream Cone Pen" had some picts of one I had made for that article. It got swiped along with the burl stand as well.[:(]

DocStram

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />I'll second Mark's "locking cabinet". I had a bunch of pens and other things in a store too. Some person specifically entered the store and stole hundreds of dollars of my things only. If you look in the archived articles, the one I wrote about the "Ice Cream Cone Pen" had some picts of one I had made for that article. It got swiped along with the burl stand as well.[:(]
The infamous Ice Cream Pen was stolen???? Is NOTHING sacred????

I don't have anything in stores right now, I do most of my selling at a local craft mart which is closed until about March or April... but I display all of my high end pens in two large flat cases with closed lids. I open and hand a customer a pen to feel and look at closely.. otherwise the case is closed. Low end SL and Europeans lay on a table, or in stands. Haven't lost anything YET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom