Pallet table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from navycop

navycop

My wife bought a sectional sofa. She wanted an end table to go on the left side.. We couldn't find one to fit the gap.. I did some looking on the internet to pallet tables. I already had the kreg jig left over from another project. I got to cut the top this weekend and stain it. All I purchased was a 2x2 for the legs, some kreg screws and a 1x12x4 for the top.
(I could of probably used other screws but decided to stay with the Kreg ones)..

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 204
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 206
  • table3.jpg
    table3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 208
Attaboy, Mike!!! I just love someone who sees what they want/need and goes ahead and makes the solution happen.

One thing you might consider before attaching the top is seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood, particularly the top. If I view the pics correctly, you plan to Kreg the top to the apron with at least 2 screws on each of the 4 apron sides. The top will expand and contract with changes in humidity. Generally it will expand in the summer (humid) and contract in the winter (not humid). It is not an issue on the long dimension but can cause serious problems like wood splitting on the short dimension (across the grain) when the top is fixed securely and not allowed to "come and go". Since the top is a 1x12 ( 11 1/4" actual) it might not happen. But they do sell table top fasteners to allow the wood to move. Several different types and they're cheap.

Nice table.

Last edited:

navycop

Thanks Ted. I actually had to cut the end pieces shorter. I didn't account for the width of the legs to fit in the gap. There is only one screw in the end piece..

Top Bottom