Over Mixing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from liljohn1368

liljohn1368

I poured this call from mixing to much resin at a time.

Attachments

• downloadfile-3(3).jpeg
    downloadfile-3(3).jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 232
  • downloadfile-1(11).jpeg
    downloadfile-1(11).jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 250
  • downloadfile(20).jpeg
    downloadfile(20).jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I saw some video on Youtube where a guy used his extra resin to make stopper blanks in a Dixie cup.
Some of them were really wild.

Good use of your materials. :)

bmcclellan

I saw a video where a guy tool larger PVC pipe to make molds for casting bottle stopper blanks. said that over time as he poured pen blanks he would pour the remaining resin into the molds. I may swing by the ole hobby lobby by me and see how big of rubber stoppers they have and see what I can come up with.

liljohn1368

I saw a video where a guy tool larger PVC pipe to make molds for casting bottle stopper blanks. said that over time as he poured pen blanks he would pour the remaining resin into the molds. I may swing by the ole hobby lobby by me and see how big of rubber stoppers they have and see what I can come up with.

Bobby I use in my molds what is called a knock out plug. I get them at Lowes on the same ilse as the PVC fittings. I get 1.5" for my duck call molds and 4" for my pot call molds.

Skie_M

The knockout plug sounds like a good idea, but threads inside the pipe doesn't ...

I have an idea how to deal with that, though! Chuck the knockout plug (I think this is also called a "pipe cleanout", it's got a round threaded end and a smaller square end) in a 4-jaw chuck, and turn the threads off till it just fits into your pipe end like a stopper plug!

Top Bottom