Our First Ornament Together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mrs. Charlie_W

My numberone hubby turned a beautiful curly maple ornament with an ebony finial and had me do some wood burning on it. I was able to wood burn, wood punch and gild, and paint. I didn't have any stains or paints so we used a colored pencil to get some pencil shavings and mixed some food safe oil to make a wash effect. We had a fantastic time working together on this. Charlie_W is awesome!:angel:

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

My Wonderful Wifey did a terrific job on taking this ornament and kicking it up! I was really impressed with the finished piece.
For me, this was my first turned ornament and first finial too. The ornament is semi-hollowed, the tree is part of the ornament. The ebony finial, though hard, turned nicely with a sharp 3/8" spindle gouge..
The finish is 2 coats of Tung oil finish wiped on and after drying, I wiped on some paste wax and gave it a rub down with some Liberon 4/0 steel wool followed with a piece of cotton T shirt for a soft sheen.
Thanks so much for the encouraging comments!

turncrazy43

That is one super ornament. A one of a kind. That must have taken a long time. Great job together and it must have been fun working on it for both of you. Thanks for sharing.

SDB777

Very original design, there isn't much I can say about the project....since I don't make ornaments or pyro anything. Just wanted to let you know how great this is!!

Scott (too cool for this fool) B

Top Bottom