Optical Illusion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
I realize most members here on a pen forum don't care much for this type of work, but this is what I do because I have access to the equipment for it, and no equipment to make pens.

PsxixpM.jpg

I will be making several different styles of these for a local artisan, that will be using them to make cement and resin casts.
The illusion is revealed below.

tNS2DXe.jpg

It's actually concave vs. convex.

Thanks for looking...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Very nice, do you make all shapes and sizes? (Pen boxes)

The intention is to make several different designs for an artisan. We are going to test one before spending the time to make a bunch. It takes several hours to make one, but after that, the convex product can be made repetitively.

I have made a few pen box tops for a neighbor. They were 50 cal. ammunition for the bullet style pens and had Semper Fi engraved on them.
He made the rest of the boxes.

Beautiful work...what is the illusion?

To me in the first pic the owl is standing out from the background. In the second pic the owl is actually cut into the background.

Yes sir. When looking directly at the image, it appears to stand proud of the surface. However, it is actually cut below the surface, as any mold is.

I've made a few cookie stamps from Maple, in similar fashion for a baker in the family.
These can also be used as candy molds for chocolate, using FDA approved material.

Terredax

Banned
I was able to get this cut and the artist made a couple of tests using it.
The report was that it's successful and I've been sent a list of other designs to start on.

The problem is that we had to move the mill to another out building to make room for additional equipment and material in my brothers shop. The out building, has no heat and it's getting too cold to be without heat. It also doesn't have electricity at this time.

We are currently looking for a space to rent for the winter.

Top Bottom