New today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

This is my first, well... Whatever this is. If anyone knows if there is a technical name for these things, let me know, will you? It's cherry and purple heart. Oh, and yes, the cherry is hollowed out.
Comments, critiques welcome. Not on the photography though, these were just some quick photos with the first coat of waterlox on.

200722520180_P2250050.jpg

2007225201811_P2250051.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocRon

If you turn it upside down and put a hook in the top you can hang it on the Christmas tree. Of course, it will take a really big Christmas tree.[}:)]

dubdrvrkev

Great form. I believe it would be considered a "closed form" if the top is fixed and if it is not then I would say it's a lidded hollow form. Either way it looks great.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Nice looking turned form, Dave! BTW, do you always finish your turned items in the bathroom? I count three in the photo. [}:)][;)]
In the wintertime I do. It just makes things easier, due to heat issues in the shop.

davidrei

Whenever I'm not sure what to call something, I call it 'art'. That way, even if it's just a piece of twisted scrap metal from the dump, or a funny looking rock, people think I'm 'deep'.

But your thingy actually fits the term 'art' (as normal people understand the term). Excellent work [:)]

Woodnknots

Originally posted by davidrei
<br />Whenever I'm not sure what to call something, I call it 'art'. That way, even if it's just a piece of twisted scrap metal from the dump, or a funny looking rock, people think I'm 'deep'.

But your thingy actually fits the term 'art' (as normal people understand the term). Excellent work [:)]
I'll go ahead and call it 'art' as well, but it's only a prototype. The next one will have a ramone burl globe with curly black walnut base and spyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom