NAUGHTY ANGELS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wildman

Wildman

So trying to turn angel ornaments again and not happy with them. Have not turned them for eons. Not happy with proportions and glitter. Sorry for another bad picture, but can see my problem applying gliter & wet paint, still a work in progress.

Attachments

• IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 470
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wildman

Trying to create fine art with glitter and this is the thanks I get! Hockey-pocky what a tough crowd!

Have professional opinion from two very wise old hens my gold glitter angels simply marvelous! They will be back to take them home to hang on their Christmas tree, once I stop fooling around with them! These gals been taking my handcrafted junk for decades!

Anyways thank you for opinions & advise!

Certainly could have left those naughty angels brown & round too! Most turners do for little projects like these. Adding color to wood requires time and patience to obtain your goals! Bottom line no one should be afraid to try.

jttheclockman

Wildman;1816659 [COLOR=Red said:
Trying to create fine art with glitter [/color]and this is the thanks I get! Hockey-pocky what a tough crowd!

Have professional opinion from two very wise old hens my gold glitter angels simply marvelous! They will be back to take them home to hang on their Christmas tree, once I stop fooling around with them! These gals been taking my handcrafted junk for decades!

Anyways thank you for opinions & advise!

Certainly could have left those naughty angels brown & round too! Most turners do for little projects like these. Adding color to wood requires time and patience to obtain your goals! Bottom line no one should be afraid to try.

Is that what that was:biggrin: Why didn't you say so. Went to the fights and a hockey game broke out.:)

There are some nice methods out there to turn angels. Here is one..

http://www.woodturningonline.com/Turning/Turning_content/Angel Making .pdf

Last edited:

Wildman

Link shows Nick Cook style angel ornament shooting for but look at what I turned! Cannot tell you how many have already turned at different times. Linked this article & Eugene Schlaak's article in another thread asking about ornament kits.

http://www.nickcookwoodturner.com/articles-holidayangel.pdf

Mike Peace modified Eugene Schlaak's ornament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTtQB6Jly_8

Angel & bell ornaments can provide an intro to end grain turning without needing special tools or large pieces of wood. Schlaak's ornaments don't require turning end grain but could if wanted too. Just have to reverse procedures demonstrated.

My first hollowing tools made from old allen wrenches for turning ball & acorn ornaments. Along the way picked up small set of Sorby HSS hollowing tools. People will take free ones any time of the year. For me best time to sell ornaments ran from August thru November, have never not a December show.

I turn with mostly pure thoughts, what makes these ornaments naughty is that blasted glitter and poor form. No worries all have found a safe home!

Thanks for all comments!

Wildman

JT, I am very familiar with John Lucas's woodturnings and photo taking tutorials already.

What would really like to see are your small turned items!

jttheclockman

JT, I am very familiar with John Lucas's woodturnings and photo taking tutorials already.

What would really like to see are your small turned items!

Bill the only things I have turned is a little over 75 birdhouses and maybe 200+pens. 25+ key chains. 25+ book markers. Not much to see. . I use turning as a suboutlet to my scrollsawing. That is where my money is. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom