My wife doesn't get it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

My wife is a very very practical woman. Aside from our dog (lovable but utterly useless) and a few obligatory pieces of jewelry, she only wants things that are utilitarian. She definitely did not marry me for my good looks and I don't have money so she much have thought that I was useful. So I proudly carried in this bowl to show her and she said "what good is it, anything you put in it will just fall out."

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Well, come on now !! .... she DOES have a point, don't you think ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: My wife is the same way, but she was totally wrong if she expected me to be useful to compensate for being ugly and poor .... we recently went to a Wood Art show and I wanted to buy a flattish square burl plate which was missing several big chunks, in the style of your first bowl !! We left empty-handed.

BTW, I admire your work, Cody ... very nice indeed ... but it might be the impractical side of me that is saying that !! :wink:

Last edited:

magier412

Maybe it's a spoon rest for the kitchen...show her what she could use it for. Some people are just very practical and don't care much for the art (and otherwise uselessness) of beautiful things. That's ok though...we need practical people too. :) Beautiful things by the way.

bobleibo

What the **** ?

Life is just not fair~
I am tired of hearing stories about all of you guys with wives who are practical, reasonable, tell you to buy a new lathe, bring you new tools, etc. etc. etc.! Where do I find one like that?
The ONLY time my EX was not melting credit cards from overuse was when she was asleep. Is that the price I pay for being good looking?
Just not fair

Attachments

• advice for men.jpg
    advice for men.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Fay Prozora

I look at the beauty of the wood grain and such. I don't always go for what the bowl is supposed to be for. The first two bowls I turned I just like to look at them and the wood grain and see the beauty in them. I like the idea of a chin prop for raking in more food, LOL! I never would have thought of that. your items are all art and beautiful too. Fay

SDB777

Three stunning examples of some very nice timber....

Sometimes I don't even bother to bring the 'next' piece in for "The-One-That-Must-Be-Obeyed" to look at, as she is pretty much not going to 'appreciate it'.

Scott (just keep having fun) B

Top Bottom