My version of "Cosmic Cloud" Platters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rossvh

rossvh

I've tried the iridescent paint on these 2 platters/bowls. The pics aren't that good but I am intrigued by the process. As usual - c & c welcomed!
RossVH

Attachments

• Cosmic Cloud II.JPG
    Cosmic Cloud II.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 482
  • Cosmic Cloud III.JPG
    Cosmic Cloud III.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 471
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Hey Ross, Looks like you've got it figured out! Super job on those!

I see the one is really Cosmic as ET is in the background! :biggrin:

robutacion

Great job you've done on those, congrats...!

The shape is familiar and I have had many turned pieces that I endup with that shape/form and then I left them, not sure what to do to finish them, was like I was unsure where to go from there and so, they were left as rough turned pieces and stored away.

It may be that sort of paintings/effects that was more appropriate/suited but I never thought of that nor I'm going to copy, that is not my thing but, it gave me a few extra ideas that I may try, thank you...!

Cheers
George

leehljp

Member Liaison
Agree with everyone above. Outstanding.

I (well, actually LOML) bought me a Grizzly G0462 for Christmas so that I could turn some 14 to 16 inch (max) bowls along that line.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I may be contacting you in the future about the technique. I have a link or two saved somewhere, but am having trouble finding it.

rossvh

Agree with everyone above. Outstanding.

I (well, actually LOML) bought me a Grizzly G0462 for Christmas so that I could turn some 14 to 16 inch (max) bowls along that line.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I may be contacting you in the future about the technique. I have a link or two saved somewhere, but am having trouble finding it.
I'll be glad to help.

Top Bottom