My second project, a Christmas gift.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wfuge

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice. I was turning some Olive Wood Cheese cutters this weekend - a very nice wood to work with.

Thank you for sharing.

MTViper

Beautiful job on it. Love that wood. I've turned quite a few seam rippers. There are a lot of quilters in my area, especially older quilters. I've quit putting the clip on the end. None of them have pockets anyway. I've turned quite a few with a closed end so there is no button to dig into their palms. I've also done some with handles that were wider than a pen blank (1-1.25" diameter) for older, arthritic hands. Very popular here.

Wfuge

Beautiful job on it. Love that wood. I've turned quite a few seam rippers. There are a lot of quilters in my area, especially older quilters. I've quit putting the clip on the end. None of them have pockets anyway. I've turned quite a few with a closed end so there is no button to dig into their palms. I've also done some with handles that were wider than a pen blank (1-1.25" diameter) for older, arthritic hands. Very popular here.

I actually made this for my daughter who is a quilter. Now I'll have to do another one for my wife. I like the idea of leaving the clip off the end. It seem like it would only be in the way and like you said, neither my wife or my daughter would ever put a seam ripper in their pocket.

Top Bottom