My Scroll Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Randy_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

The scroll saw I purchased to do pen work hasn't seen much activity so I decided to try it out on another project. I'm in the process of acquiring raw materials and learning a little more about this type of project. Supposed to take somewhere around 40 hours. At the rate I work, it should be ready about Christmas.[}:)]

13Face.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tas2181

The plans for the clock Randy shows are in the Spring 2007 issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts. The pattern in the magazine have a few things missing. Corrections can be found at http://www.wooden-clockworks.com/

PS: do a search for 'wooden gear clocks' on the internet and you will find quite a few different patterns

jjenk02

Randy, I just got a set of plans for a clock similar to that one, and it says about 40 hours to build. Like you, if I start now, I might be finished by Christmas..[:D]

Randy_

Tom: That is a very nice little project! But have to admit that something like that would drive me up the wall. Repetitive detail work is not my thing. I guess that is why I like doing pens. Every one is a little different.

martyb

Happy cutting Randy! I put a post in this forum a week or so ago with the start of my wooden gear clock. I've got Marc Trovars #13 plan as well, but decided to build Clayton Boyers Number 6 first. I felt it would look better inside a grandfather case. Keep the pictures coming as you continue the work!

jaywood1207

Nice job Randy. I also have this one on my to do list. I haven't done much scrolling lately but I guess I am a brute for punishment as I like Jeff Zaffino's patterns. The last one I did had over 1000 cuts (Family Time) but it was very rewarding when finished. It's also the only cutting I have kept for myself. Nobody can afford it for what I would want for it.[:D]

tas2181

Randy,
Total time to complete was about 40 hours but over 3 months to completion (had the pattern and motor kit for a year before I even started). Spend my time back and forth between the lathe and scroll saw so I don't get bored with either one.
Jay, been working on that pattern myself a little at a time- about half done now. LIke you said, I have quite a few projects that I've done that are only for me. No one would pay for the time I have into them.

jttheclockman

Nice work on the scrolling. I too have been known to scroll a piece or two. HA HA (if anyone knows me) Here is a unique piece if you need a wristwatch.
CopyofWristWatches.jpg

jttheclockman

Thanks for the kind words and yes they are watches. I sell them at craft shows. It is a novelty piece. I also make solid band watches.
Copyofsolidbandwatches.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom