My Latest Stopper Effort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Hey guys,

After picking the brains of both YoYoSpin (Ed) Mesquiteman (Curtis)and Its_Virgil (Don) I finally came up with a casting method that works for me. This was a piece of BOW that was drilled to accept a 25mm porcelain rose. It was cast in clear PR and then turned. I turned the PR into a dome and really like the way the rose protrudes. Anyway, the PR came out bubble free. Thanks for the advice gentlemen.

20061231195056_bowrose.jpg

20061231195115_bowrose2.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Fangar,
It's great when one's methods all work out to produce something really beautiful...and you've done just that! Great stopper, design and execution. And, a nice piece of BOW there also. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these beauts.
Do a(nother) good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />Hey guys,

After picking the brains of both YoYoSpin (Ed) Mesquiteman (Curtis)and Its_Virgil (Don) I finally came up with a casting method that works for me.
Cheers,

Fangar

YoYoSpin

That protruding dome effect is outstanding...taking what others have done, improving on the technique, and finding your own "voice" in the process is what makes this such a rewarding hobby. Well done!

Fangar

Thank you all very much for the nice comments. I really do appreciate all of the advice from the fellas on this too. I look forward to the warmer weather when I won't have to work so hard to get the PR to set...

jscola... There is a great tutorial on our homepage that Don Ward (its_virgil) created. I think mesquiteman has made some posts too. I just applied that to the stopper as opposed to the snakeskins as in the tutorial. Also, YoYoSpin has a good video that addresses the turning of the captured stoppers.

Really there isn't much to it other than finding the nice embelishments, and a little preplanning. I am working on some of the GinterStoppers (The expanding ones) with some embelishments too.

Cheers,

Fangar

woodwish

Very nice! Think I will go have a glass of wine to celebrate your effort! (yes, I'm through in the shop for today, over 21, not driving, not taking any other medicine, etc.)

Fangar

Originally posted by woodwish
<br />Very nice! Think I will go have a glass of wine to celebrate your effort! (yes, I'm through in the shop for today, over 21, not driving, not taking any other medicine, etc.)

LOL. I wasn't going to say anything.

Cheers,

Fangar

Thumbs

I don't know whether I'd sell that or just keep it for display! Certainly would be a fantastic advertisement for your work.

Actually, that isn't a question that I'll ever even have to worry about considering![B)][:eek:)]

jttheclockman

Hey James, please post the picture of the marble one too!! I just love the color of the wood in both of them. I am a sucker for beautiful woods.

Fangar

Originally posted by jttheclockman
<br />Hey James, please post the picture of the marble one too!! I just love the color of the wood in both of them. I am a sucker for beautiful woods.

Thanks John. Here is the marble one I did. This one is Buckeye Burl with a catseye marble cast in Alumilite.

2007136488_buckeyemarble.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

jttheclockman

With both of these you matched the wood to the item perfectly. That is what the eye is caught on. Like they say "Eye Candy" Great job and keep them coming. I must say also your photography is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom