ivel

plate 1.jpg

plate 2.jpg

plate 3.jpg

plate 4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Beautiful cedar. I have a 4 ft log about 12 inches in diameter just waiting for me to get into it. And I have a 2 ft diameter cedar stump waiting on me also. Your plate is inspiring me!

robutacion

Wow, what a beautiful piece of wood...!
I like what you've done with it, the shape is very elegant and the finish is spot-on!

I was wondering what wood was, at first glance it looked like Olive wood but that knot didn't seem right, however the wood, great job, congrats...!

PS: I call those "Platters"...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

ivel

Wow, what a beautiful piece of wood...!
I like what you've done with it, the shape is very elegant and the finish is spot-on!

I was wondering what wood was, at first glance it looked like Olive wood but that knot didn't seem right, however the wood, great job, congrats...!

PS: I call those "Platters"...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Cedar with golden teak oil. Down here in the south, it's not big enough to be called a platter. Salad plate maybe. :wink::wink::wink:

Woodchipper

That is a nice turning and finish. The grain with the knot makes the whole thing "pop!" Thanks for sharing. We are looking forward to seeing more of your work.

ivel

That is a nice turning and finish. The grain with the knot makes the whole thing "pop!" Thanks for sharing. We are looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks, we'll see what comes on next. I've turned two small "bowls" and this is the only one of the three that I'm proud of.

Great job, especially for a first plate. I love turning cedar, not only for the beautiful wood that it is but also because it makes my shop smell heavenly.

nativewooder

I'm glad you called them "salad bowls", as I did the same thing! They really are outstanding! Back in the old days I worked a deal with a guy who milled his lumber from a "woodlot" he owns up in Wisconsin and he cut me four maple pieces to turn as dinner plates and I really enjoyed those also.:biggrin:
Keep experimenting and having fun!:eek:

Top Bottom