More Seam Rippers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Yes, more seam rippers! A local quilt store where my wife frequents has been selling my seam rippers and has been asking for more.

These are the Berea/Woodcraft variety. I did three necklace/magnetic styles and they seam to be very nice. The others are the regular style but I delete the clip and top cap and make these closed end. They are a little bit longer but fit nicely in the hand and due to the size, these could be good for someone with arthritic problems.

6 acrylic and 2 colorwood(one diagonal, one straight). The colorwood rippers have CA finish. All were wet sanded, plastic polished and buffed.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 122
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very nice, Charlie!

I don't put the clips on my seam rippers either.
I haven't made any closed end rippers yet, but I've been wanting to give it a try - I really like the look of yours.

Charlie_W

Nice job! Finish looks wonderful. If I might ask, what do they sell for in your area?

Hi Ted, I sold several last fall at a local fair where our club had a booth. Those I sold for $30 as I recall. That fair is coming up again later this month. I don't know about others prices.

These that I make for this quilt store I discount a little. The regular seam rippers, I sell for to them for $26. And the necklace ones for 29.50.
The quilt shop doubles these prices for their selling price!

Thanks for the compliment!

Top Bottom