More coasters and openers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alankulwicki7

alankulwicki7

I'm not surprised at all but the limited edition coasters, openers and stoppers (seen here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f45/openers-stoppers-coasters-oh-my-143888/) sold out within a few weeks. In talking with the owners, they had customers wanting more. But with the lead time for the custom coins being 24-26 days, they wanted to make sure we could still deliver the items in time for Christmas.
In comes my little NEJE laser that I just bought :biggrin: (for $70, this thing works great!). I quickly came up with a good logo and a couple of jigs so I could get repeatable results and VIOLA!:biggrin:

The coasters were simple since they were flat but the round openers were a little tricky. While it may be simple on a smaller diameter like a pen but the larger diameter of the opener caused the logo to look skewed. To make things easy, I just sanded a flat spot on each handle to accept the laser etching. I'd say they turned out pretty nice!:)

This go around I made 25 more sets of coasters and 12 bottle openers and I believe that most of the items are already spoken for :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alankulwicki7

I'm very impressed with the NEJE. The only bad thing is the limited capacity of it but it worked great for these items. I've already got an order for some custom coasters for a friend and my wife wants some laser etched ornaments for her family.

I've even thought about buying a bigger laser from Gearbest for larger projects. We'll see :)

eharri446

Be careful buying from Gearbest they tried to switch me from the advertised shipping option to a more expense shipping option. I cancelled and went with Banggood for the same laser for less money and free shipping.

Charlie_W

Wonderful job on those Doug!

I like that you oriented the flat on the openers to be a natural spot for the thumb to rest instead of face up.

alankulwicki7

Where are you sourcing your bottle opener hardware? Looks like a little different style than some I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Dan, these openers are from Rockler. They are more expensive than most but I like the style and beefiness of them. Everyone likes them so why change :)

Wonderful job on those Doug!

I like that you oriented the flat on the openers to be a natural spot for the thumb to rest instead of face up.

Thanks!
The main reason I did it on the side was to protect the engraving. If I did the logo on the top I was afraid that the logo would get scratched or worn from use.

Top Bottom