Minie Ball Gavel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

I received an order for a gavel in the shape of a Civil War Minie Ball. It was fun to make and will go to a member of the "Civil War Roundtable" in Atlanta.
The maple turned well and I put 4 coats of polyutherane on it. Kinda different and I thought it was worth showing.

BKelley

Attachments

• Minie Gavel.jpg
    Minie Gavel.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bkersten

I received an order for a gavel in the shape of a Civil War Minie Ball. It was fun to make and will go to a member of the "Civil War Roundtable" in Atlanta.
The maple turned well and I put 4 coats of polyutherane on it. Kinda different and I thought it was worth showing.

BKelley

Being in the South, they should have had you do the 2 ring CS Gardner.:)

Last edited:

MDWine

I have been a skirmisher for about 40 years. (A skirmisher shoots in a live fire competition versus a reenactor that does "mock" battles.)

In doing so, and being interested in the history of the war, I wanted to ask you which kind of Minie did you model... I know, I'm a pain in the @$$.

I did notice you did not make it a true hollow base minie, which probably not work well with a gavel.

On the other hand, it is quite handsome and seems to be proportionally accurate, which is half the battle!!! (pardon the pun)

It looks great, I'm surprised I've not seen one before... I may have to try this some time!

Well done sir!

Top Bottom