Mini pine cone lidded box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I cast some mini pine cones in green dyed resin and turned this little lidded box. I made the knob by casting a mini pine cone in clear resin and turning the knob around the pine cone. The box is 3" in diameter and 2 1/2" tall. Just curious for those of you who make and sell stuff like this, what kind of price would you put on it?

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Pricewise, I'd price it at about a tenth of what it's worth, that's about all anyone would be willing to pay for it. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this container, it's gorgeous. But, I've learned that people just aren't willing to pay what an item is worth?
Len

I think the box looks great! Unfortunately I have to agree that it probably wouldn't sell for what it's worth, at least not without a long wait but you could get lucky. I just sold my first shaving brush and made about $20 bucks off the deal, not much considering the time spent making it, but I still got paid for something I love doing, and that doesn't suck!

Cwalker935

Pricewise, I'd price it at about a tenth of what it's worth, that's about all anyone would be willing to pay for it. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this container, it's gorgeous. But, I've learned that people just aren't willing to pay what an item is worth?
Len

That is pretty much in line with my thoughts. The time and experience that I put into to this piece is more valuable than 99.9% of people would be willing to pay for a small piece like this. Glad that I am not trying to make a living off of it.

I kinda disagree with the assessment of the price... in my area and at some of my shows that box would bring $45 to $60.... I just sold a simple little walnut box yesterday that had a glass lid and what was supposed to be a walnut knob on the glass (Kids must have been playing around with the lids and switched a couple and I didn't catch it until I did the books last night-it went out with a spalted sycamore knob. )... my little box doesn't look near as nice as yours and I had it marked at $45.

Top Bottom