MicroGarden Bottle Stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

More weekend gardening - this time with a variety of plants + dichro film.

After they are planted, they require no care and manage well in various micro climates.

This MicroGarden Stopper features:
Globe amaranth (Gomphrena globosa)
Yarrow (Achillea)
Moss (Arenia Wallawa)
Baby's breath (Stardust gypsophila)

attachment.php

I (gently) airbrushed the moss bright green with Jacquard Dye-na-flow fluid acrylic.

The globe amaranth retained it's pink tone after drying.

I'll make some more when the next little load of brain fertilizer arrives.

Happy Sunday - Bob

PS: I'm again grateful for Tony L's recommendation for countersinking the stopper bottom - a bit tricky here to avoid root system disturbance.

Attachments

• MicroGardenStopper,markison,2019,1000px.jpg
    MicroGardenStopper,markison,2019,1000px.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 325
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very beautiful Bob. As in the previous - I love the depth and colors. As I think back on my comments to your artistry. I usually have been drawn to the casts and material techniques you display, with no mention to the very appealing form of your turnings. Shoot Bob - You're also a top notch turner!

For Christmas this past season, I made a "Fairy Garden" Terrarium for my daughter. About 16" round and 6" deep. It was enough to hold 7 small plants. Happily, the green house that supplies these is 5 miles away, and we can pick them out ourselves.

Your bottle stoppers remind me of the miniature ferns. Maybe a rainforest may appear someday.

Thank you for sharing - your contributions to IAP for "a different view" is very refreshing and inspiring.

Bob in SF

Mark - Many thanks for the kind words!

Sounds like you had fun creating a great Christmas gift for your daughter - she'll always remember it.

It's pleasure to learn from and contribute to this fine and engaging forum.

Warm regards and gratefully - Bob

Bob in SF

Thanks Charlie - nice connection between drinking and swaying - the next logical step would be a self-swaying stopper...tiny rare earth magnets...(solar powered) micro-orbital sway base...ultimate stopper-end-user synchrony...hmmm...

TonyL

Just beautiful! Bob..how about a Bonsai garden (or just a tree to start :- offshoot of Mark's ideas) in a BS?! You can do it!

Top Bottom