Micro mortar & pestle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

I made this as a gag gift for a lady at work. She asked me a couple weeks ago if I could make her a mortar and pestle and I told her I'd be happy to but not until after summer since it gets unbearably hot in my garage shop. Anyhow I came up with this idea on a whim today. She's been through a lot lately and I think it will get a laugh from her. I'll put it on her desk before she gets in Tuesday morning then wait for her to thrash me for it .

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks for the replies, it's nice to know others share my sense of humor. I wasn't sure how the reaction would be to this and am actually a little surprised.

That's nice and cute ... why would she thrash you for that ?!

She's practically begged me for a full size one, so she'll know I'm just needling at her with this.

IMHO there is no higher gratification than to bring a smile to someone's face even at the price of a thrashing.

Agreed!

That's adorable. My experience tells me that making miniatures is often harder (and more time consuming) than making the full-size stuff! Nice gift, and sometimes a thrashing can be fun!

No kidding! I've made a few miniatures just to keep from wasting wood and was surprised at how difficult and time consuming it was. A small mistake or getting something slightly out of proportion is magnified, not to mention it's just plain tiny to work on. They sure make great skillbuilders without using much wood though.

Jay:

Make sure you let us all know what the pay back is on one!!!

charlie

I'm sure her and her coworker will think of something. I can already hear her saying "REALLY JAY?!?".

Top Bottom