manzanita bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from triw51

triw51

Got this manzanita burl and turned it. Came out beautiful the photos do not do justice to the colors in the wood. This piece is unfinished because it was still wet when I turned it so am letting it dry before I true it up and finish.
I was thinking of spraying on lacquer, any other suggestions?

C&C Welcome

Attachments

• man2.jpg
    man2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 251
  • man1.jpg
    man1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great looking piece... I've only turned one piece of Manzanita and that was a pen blank... not sure which was harder, the Manzanita or the steel tool I was trying to use...

I've been meaning to tell you, you live in one of my favorite places on earth... I've actually only been to Cottonwood once, but loved the whole area. My wife and I spent a couple of days in Sedona about 20 years back, right after we married, and still talk about the place today... we toured the area and hit Cottonwood, Camp Verde, Sedona and another place I can't remember the name for, lots of antique shops there... We drove out of Flagstaff down to Sedona late one night down one of the crookedest roads and in the dark didn't think we would ever get down... I think we wound up staying in Cottonwood because all the hotels/motels in Sedona were full.

We moved to Tucson a couple of years later for a year, but wound up going back to Houston for my last job before we retired about 10 years ago... Loved Arizona and would have retired there, except it's much less expensive to live in Tennessee and we're closer to all the kids here.

magpens

VERY NICE, indeed !! ... a side view photo would be nice if you have the time to post it, please.

Top Bottom