MAGNETIC SEAM RIPPER NECKLACE comparison

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from endacoz

endacoz

I've recently had pictures of my seam rippers go viral on the internet and I continue to be flooded with requests.

I'd like to know peoples thoughts on which kit is better. PSI or CRAFT SUPPLIES magnetic seam ripper kit. (craft supplies is cheaper but the reviews make me question the strength of their magnet. Anyone have a comparison?

My customers really love the strong magnet in the PSI kit and have no complaints. I made 2 of the chrome ones and was happy with the necklace chain.

Is the CraftSupply and WoodCraft regular seam rippers the same? I notice they both use rubber rings instead of the PSI metal spring clip.

I bent a few of the spring clips before figuring out a foolproof way to insert them. ANyone know where we can get just the spring clips?

darrin1200

I would love to find out about those springs myself. I've had a couple get messed up myself. Completely my fault so I'm not looking for free replacements. I've also had a few ideas to make use of the spring in other projects, but essentially trashing a kit to get a spring is not economicly smart.

t001xa22

Ethan, I had the same experience with the early-generation seam rippers using the friction spring assemblies. In addition to messing up a few during assembly, a couple of customers lost theirs when they pulled out with the blade assembly. I found out that the mfg. did some improvement on the design, and I was able to buy some newer spring assemblies from Woodturningz. I will say that, with fingers crossed, I have not had any more problems with this system since the newer springs came out.

Top Bottom