Long & Tall

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Here is a pic of the other item that will be entered in the contest.
The wood is Sycamore---spalted---finish is a soft satin hand rubbed oil finish. Notice the roll of paper towels. The second pic is a section of wall in the showroom/barn---I have 7 of these units full of items that I turn.
Feedback welcome

200742114445_more1.jpg

2007421144512_more2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Someone asked-----the white spot on the top---price tag.
These are a good selling item---price tag is affordable because I do not buy the wood. I can turn one of these in about a day and a half ---another good days work to get the finish right.

clement

Very nice wood that spalted sycamore. The turning looks great but may I a suggestion ?
I think that the shape off this vase could looks better with a smaller bottleneck, I mean the transition between the bottom and the top more softer to obtain a shape that is closer to a "S" form. It's a personal opinion and not a critic.
I wish you succes in the contest [;)]
clem

Gary Max

You know the trick---I make every form that I can and out of the 100 plus that I carry in stock----there is always one to fit the customer and no two are the same.

Gary Max

Top row is Cedar---bottom right is Cherry---there's some buckeye burl and just a mix of woods. The shiny finish on most is a Poly that I buy from a Marine supply--it has a UV gaurd. I use everything from Johnsons paste wax to fine hand rubbed oils these days. They lay flat and go on easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom