A last box before shoulder surgery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

In the scramble to produce more pens and other turned items, I managed to make this African mahogany box for a customer in Maine. It is on the way to the other end of the US, a very cool concept. The grain looked good at Austin Hardwood and Hardware located in Santa Ana and it looks good in the box to me. Yes, the box could improve if it was one finger joint wider!

I hope the rotator cuff surgery goes well and the rehab gets me back to making stuff like this quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SeahawkBeau

good luck on your shoulder surgery, I have had 2 shoulder surgeries, one on each shoulder and took me about 4 weeks to get back to limited stuff. Most important thing is physical therapy. I have talked to several people who had shoulder surgery and they said never again and I would always ask them how there physical therapy went and they would always say that they never went. Duh.....

OZturner

Another Glorious Box, Mark.
I wish you well with your Shoulder Surgery,
Take it steady, and "do as you are told", this is one of those area's, that the Other Guy in this Venture knows more about the subject than we do.
Look forward to hearing of your Speedy and Complete Recovery.
Kind regards,
Brian.

magpens

Good luck in your surgery, Mark. . I hope you will be able to give a report in due course, with praise for the procedure and rectification of the problem !

jcm71

Beautiful box. Good luck in your surgery, Mark. I had mine last month, and have my second follow up appt. with my surgeon next week. PT to follow. Every one I have talked to says do the PT. Painful but worth it. Good luck, and don't be shy about taking the pain pills if you need it.

Rounder

My surgeon told me the surgery is wasted if you are not going to do the therapy. Mine went well and I didn't miss a PT session. Very pleased.

mmayo

I will do all of the PT exactly as directed. When I tore a biceps years ago I did the PT and managed to regain full ability. I'm ready for some relief ASAP.

Thanks for your kind words.

Top Bottom