Intarsia teaser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Here's a little teaser for ya'll. The completed portion is around 600 pcs, and I estimate around 2000 will be the total. It's going to only be about 24x30 in size too. I definitely need a drink!

2008124165335_leaves%20011.jpg

mick

Jeff, I'm speechless! That's one of the most amazing examples of Intarsia I've ever seen. I'm curious, how much time do you have in this piece so far? We do a show with an older gentleman who does a lot of intarsia although nothing as intricate and I've heard him say how many hours he has in certian things and it made me curious.
Once again fantasic work!!!

JohnU

Jeff, Great Job! I started out making intarsia images and placing them on the front of my hope chests when I first got going. Mostly for donations at fundraisers but a few sales. Ive never done anything that intricate yet and can only imagine how your fingers feel now! Mine finally grew back from sanding those small pieces.:) Now I just glue them to pen blanks once in a while.:(
Outstanding Work!

workinforwood

Thanks guys...when it's totally finished I'll post a huge pic so you can really see the detail. There's at least a couple dozen small flowers and buds that are as much as 10 pcs but all together are the size of a quarter.

VisExp

Jeff, that is simply beautiful! I'm really looking forward to you posting a huge picture of the finished piece. I could spend hours looking at the detail in your craftsmanship. Thank you for sharing!

Texatdurango

Absolutely exceptional work. Not to distract from the intarsia, as if that is possible, but the frame is also well done, I like the beading on the face.

Congratulations!

workinforwood

Thanks guys/gals, and thanx Tex. That frame was a ton of work. All router magic, circle jig then splitting it in 4 and wrapping the curves with a double wrap of fiddleback maple that had to be convinced to make some of the curves. It's simple and complicated at the same time. It's difficult to balance it out where the frame needs to add to the piece, not take away and not overpower it. I never saw a frame anything like this before, it was just a thought I had pop into my head one day so I ran with it.

Top Bottom