Inside Out Bud Vase - Brain fade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

It's been a few years since I made one of these bud Vases, and of course there was just a slight problem with the first one. That is the BROWN one, it is now known as an OUTSIDE IN Bud Vase, whereas the pine one is an INSIDE OUT Bud Vase.
The light one is Radiata Pine and the brown one is Tasmanian Myrtle.
Apparently there is no such thing as a mistake, it's just a reinvention of something.
Hope you like them and thanks for looking.
C & C Welcome.

Bob:)

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Great idea and something that would make the untrained person wonder how in a heck something like that is done but, you made it too easy to see how its done, by taking the pics on the joint face, very honest indeed...!:biggrin:

Those grained woods aren't easy to disguise joints unless the pieces were cut from a larger piece in the first place however, using woods with much less grain such as the brown piece, it becomes a lot more difficult to see the joints.

Quite interestingly, out of all the things I made with wood, I don't recall to ever have done one of those but, I should...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Gary Beasley

Great idea and something that would make the untrained person wonder how in a heck something like that is done but, you made it too easy to see how its done, by taking the pics on the joint face, very honest indeed...!:biggrin:

Those grained woods aren't easy to disguise joints unless the pieces were cut from a larger piece in the first place however, using woods with much less grain such as the brown piece, it becomes a lot more difficult to see the joints.

Quite interestingly, out of all the things I made with wood, I don't recall to ever have done one of those but, I should...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Of course the point of his post is he did it the wrong way. If done right the wood is cut first, assembled inside out and turned, then glued back together inside in which will make the grain match up pretty well and help hide the seam. Then you finish by turning the outside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom