Ikebana Inspired by elkhorn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveG

SteveG

About mid-October, Jonn (IAP:elkhorn) posted some pics of an Ikebana he had turned. He was focusing on the pataina finish he had tried. The turning looked great, and I decided to give it a try. I had a junk piece of Koa with a natural edge...just right for a first attempt. I laminated a piece of Milo to the Koa for contrast/accent. John, thanks for the inspiration.

All will see the heavy influence of John's work here, as I was not trying to do something original, but rather try out the basics of something I had not done before. I learned a good deal in this first attempt, which I will incorporate into future attempts. I expect to do more, since any Koa items sell well at my sales venue here on Kauai. Here is John's Ike (the inspiration piece) and some photos of my efforts. Please excuse my ridiculously inept attempt at Ikebana flower arranging. :frown: :tongue:

Attachments

• Ikebana elkhorn.jpg
    Ikebana elkhorn.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Koa Ikebana 4.jpg
    Koa Ikebana 4.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Koa Ike1bana 1.jpg
    Koa Ike1bana 1.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Koa Ikebana 2.jpg
    Koa Ikebana 2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 165

elkhorn

Steve, thanks for the compliment. I think your Ikebana came out fantastic! I love the milo added to the koa - it gives it a very elegant look. Well done, my friend!

Top Bottom