See more from TattooedTurner

:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alankulwicki7

I think we all have one or two of those in our workshop:eek:. I know I have one hanging on the wall right next to my lathe as a reminder to be careful on those last few passes :)

I have smaller and larger walnut blanks, so I'll probably glue one to each end and hopefully end up with a segmented bowl that looks like I planned it that way all along. This figured maple is too gorgeous to throw away so I have to try something.

Lucky2

That's easily repaired, there's no need to throw it to the trash. I think a nice segmented circle would look good, all you need to repair it is a set of Cole jaws.

Len

One of the reasons I don't like to use the interior tenon hold... I go through the bottom on too many of them.... or have the bottom too thin.

As was suggested, a walnut plug the size of your tenon, glue it in and put a foot on the bowl... just a new design.

Thanks guys. I have a set of cole jaws, and I think just putting a walnut foot on the bowl will be much easier than adding a rim and base. Simple is better....

Top Bottom