I too have joined the pendant craze

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

These are the first pendants I've made. From Left to right.

Pre-ban ivory with ebony segment
Curly Jarrah with Sterling Silver Cross
Corian
Curly Jarrah
last pic is Zebrawood & Ebony

These things are really fun to make, I used richard's (sailing away) chuck which really made it easy and enjoyable.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pendants 002 (600 x 217).jpg
    Pendants 002 (600 x 217).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 522
  • Pendants 003 (541 x 472).jpg
    Pendants 003 (541 x 472).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 428
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

They are fantastic Joe . I really like the Zebrawood/Ebony one , what is the blue stuff inside the Ebony ? or is the inner ring suspended inside the bigger ring ?

igran7

They are fantastic Joe . I really like the Zebrawood/Ebony one , what is the blue stuff inside the Ebony ? or is the inner ring suspended inside the bigger ring ?

Butch i didn't notice the blue ring when I took the picture. it is actually a reflection off the upper portion of the photo tent. It has a very, very high gloss CA finish that is kinda hard to photograph.

igran7

Those are really pretty. What's the average diameter?

Thanks Cathy. The Zebrawood & Ebony is the smallest diameter at 1 1/4" it is for my fiance' who is petitte, so should be plenty big enough for her. The rest of them are between 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" in diameter.

The pre-ban Ivory one was made for my son and is 1 5/8" diameter. I started off with a piece a little over 1/2" thick and parted it in half so I had two exact matching pieces. I turned the other one to 1 1/4" diameter so he could give it to his girlfriend. They thought it was pretty cool to have "exact" matching pendants.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Pat & Grizz
Go to the "other things we make" board and you find my mini-how to on Richards chuck and richards post (or search for his user id sailing_away)...

I believe there is also a how to in the library.

Top Bottom