I swear I still make pens.... Another Stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Hello all,

I was tinkering with some new ideas that have been bouncing around my head. This one began as a 2" solid aluminum Rod stock. All of the turning was done on a standard wood (Jet 1236) lathe. The stopper was hand painted and powdercoated clear. The PR was cast into the top of the stopper with a black metallic marble embelishment. I used one of the Berea Black TI bases with this one. Thanks for looking.

2007114185854_alumiresin.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Absolutely Gorgeous. I showed this picture to my neighbor and he says he wants it.[:D] I want some of whatever you take to get these ideas.Just kidding of course.[:p][}:)][:D]

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Very nice - ever consider a longer rod, and just making the whole stopper powder coated aluminum - Oh, sorry, I forgot you were going to make pens again.

Fangar

Thanks fellas. I had fun with this one. Some other ideas to come. I really like the paints for embelishments. Easy to use and very precise with some of the brushes I have. I will likely apply some of the techniques to pens too.

Cheers,

Fangar

Skye

Ok, next one, get a polished stone ball to use in the place of your marble. The trick will be making it so the ball can be spun by hand. Kinda like a trackball. You can do it! [:D]

Fangar

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Ok, next one, get a polished stone ball to use in the place of your marble. The trick will be making it so the ball can be spun by hand. Kinda like a trackball. You can do it! [:D]

Good idea.

Cheers,

Fangar

Skye

Oooh, you could also use some of the smaller musical chinese stress balls.

You'll owe me half of your first million. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom