I kind of made it, sorta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

At least I installed it. Here's my excuse for not producing anything on the lathe recently. We've put down about 350 sf of flooring so far and still have another 200 sf to go. These pictures are the two opposite ends of the main room in my basement. Since the pictures were taken the base molding has been painted white and quarter round added. Thanks for looking.

20072122349_notpen.jpg

200721223457_notpen2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey Fred,
Looking good there...
Is that some the flooring from Hall's Salvage... I put down 100 sqft in my study right after we moved here... really nice stuff. Sad thing was, now matter how I figured it, I needed 6 boxes... I used 3 pieces out of the 6th box..

My knees took a beating on 100 sqft... can't imagine having to do 550..

Ron Mc

Fred,
My wife really wants me to take up all of the carpet on the first floor and install wood floors.
Tell me....How hard was it?[:eek:)]

BigRob777

I'm partial to the real deal, but that really does look nice. Of course, I'd be wiped out on just about 10 square feet. Did you build that craftsman style desk? It looks good. Or is that the one that got posted a few weeks ago? In either case it looks awesome too.
Rob

darbytee

Thanks guys.

Chuck, I thought about going to Hall's but found a very knowledgeble salesman at Home Depot and got a pretty good deal.

Rob, this actually is real oak. It's made by Tarkett, an east TN company. I had to use a floating floor because it is a basement on a concrete slab. The desk was made by my wife's grandfather and is really a beautiful piece of work.

Ron, this was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. The prep work was the worst part of it for me. As far as the knees go, it hurt my lower back and thighs more than anything else. The hardest part was convincing my wife that a 10" Makita sliding miter saw would do this much better than my old Craftsman.[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom