I had an odd request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terredax

Terredax

Banned
I was at the shop when there was a knock on the door. A friend of my neighbor, who occasionally makes pens, seen my vehicle and thought we were open.
He asked if I could make a pen box for him and had a drawing of what he wanted. I spent some time rendering this for him and it's what he wants.

I'll be delaying my ornaments for a few hours to get this done for him.

A coffin pen box...

HHX2hFt.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Woodchipper

The fleur de lis might be found at Lowe's or HD in their building materials. Check with a local cabinet builder for a source if you aren't in a hurry. Building coffins is a dying trade. Good luck. BTW, is there a reason for the coffin shape or did he tell you?

Terredax

Banned
The fleur de lis might be found at Lowe's or HD in their building materials. Check with a local cabinet builder for a source if you aren't in a hurry. Building coffins is a dying trade. Good luck. BTW, is there a reason for the coffin shape or did he tell you?

The box was carved from a solid piece of Walnut. It was dropped off to him on my way home and he was very happy with the outcome.

He didn't mention the reason for the design or shape, and I didn't ask about it. I'm not sure if I would want to know. It seems a little odd for a pen box.

I've done other themed pen boxes, but nothing like this one.

Top Bottom