I bet you've never turned one of these before!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

H0QELExl.jpg

TVyKyQil.jpg

They say that necessity is the mother of invention and while I don't claim to have invented the idea of a pint lock, this is the first one I've ever seen out of the wood. In addition I love how outrageous it looks with that giant old school padlock on it!

This is made with some soft maple, a small brass hinge and the padlock of your choosing! Just make sure that it's not too heavy, or you will not be able to keep your prize upright! (mine was right on the brink...)

www.youtube.com/v/ViH0uaDty88

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Wow you must live in a tough environment. I can't tell for sure but it looks like the only other thing in there is a frozen tv dinner. If that's the case I guess you have you priorities in order.

D.Oliver

Another great video. I thought this project was going to be made out of walnut?!:confused: I also think that "Tim the Destroyer" needs to make another cameo.

jsolie

LOL! I'd have to come up with something a bit more stringent to keep the ice cream thieves away as the ones I have at my house would just knife the side and enjoy their spoils. Plus they'd also eat that pizza on the shelf below...

sbell111

H0QELExl.jpg

TVyKyQil.jpg

They say that necessity is the mother of invention and while I don't claim to have invented the idea of a pint lock, this is the first one I've ever seen out of the wood. In addition I love how outrageous it looks with that giant old school padlock on it!

This is made with some soft maple, a small brass hinge and the padlock of your choosing! Just make sure that it's not too heavy, or you will not be able to keep your prize upright! (mine was right on the brink...)

www.youtube.com/v/ViH0uaDty88

That is as cool as it gets. Thanks for sharing.

sbell111

Wow you must live in a tough environment. I can't tell for sure but it looks like the only other thing in there is a frozen tv dinner. If that's the case I guess you have you priorities in order.

I don't think that I've seen such a clean freezer since we shopped for ours.

Ours is so full of junk that I don't even know what is back toward the back. If we went through it, probably about half would go out in the trash, I bet.

MarkD

I think you just went from a ice cream problem to a relationship problem.
Cool idea though!

kludge77

Ours is so full of junk that I don't even know what is back toward the back. If we went through it, probably about half would go out in the trash, I bet.

All the crap is piled up on the counter so I could get a good photo! :) Waffles, chicken nuggets and the spattering of outdated frozen veggies...

Rick_G

Nice idea but it wouldn't work here. I'd have to build it out of 1/4" thick 316 SS to keep the wife out and it would have to totally enclose the container.

Fay Prozora

LOL! I need one of those to keep myself out of the ice cream! Great idea!!!! This gave me a good laugh too, but a great idea none the less... Fay

CrimsonKeel

we have one of those drawer freezers and anything that sifts to the bottom is gone for good in my mind. Ive pulled 2 year old stuff out once in a while and wondered who the heck bought that garbage.

Kenny Durrant

Our freezers and fridge are so stuffed with whatever there is no telling whats in there or how long. My wife loves ice cream so the lock would be just as good as me just asking her to stay out of it. As far as keeping her out she like it on the soft side so she would just microwave it for a few seconds and bore a hole in the top and drink it like a shake. Like the old saying goes "Locks are for Honest People". I do like the idea and the ingenuity that was put into the lock.

Top Bottom