Hunter Tracker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveAxelrod

SteveAxelrod

I added the filed patterns along the spine of this damascus steel Hunter Tracker knife and made the handle from black canvas micarta. This is my first use of micarta and though it polished up nicely with white diamond polish using my buffing wheel I probably could have removed the fine scratches if I had seen them. I may do that eventually. I also made the mosaic pin from a .357 brass shell and smaller aluminum tubes filled with resin. Overall I'm happy with the result.

Attachments

• Hunter Tracker 5F+.jpg
    Hunter Tracker 5F+.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Hunter Tracker 1F+.jpg
    Hunter Tracker 1F+.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Hunter Tracker 3F+s .jpg
    Hunter Tracker 3F+s .jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Hunter Tracker 6F+.jpg
    Hunter Tracker 6F+.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That knife is really lovely, Steve !!!!! . Great craftsmanship !!! . Very well done !!!!

SteveAxelrod

Jay - I used a 1" belt sander and a 1/2" and 3/4" sanding drum on my drill press to shape the micarta. Then I did a lot of hand sanding. In retrospect I wish the micarta scales were thicker to allow for more shaping. I may try buffing out the fine scratches with tripoly and then re-polish with white diamond. This evening I added a light coat of WD-40 and it seemed to darken the black and grey a tad bit. Overall I'd say micarta isn't too hard to work with.

Top Bottom