Hunter/skinner knives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

Stainless steel blades. The handles are made from old Air Force camo uniform pants. Each handle is about 40 layers. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 322
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Those blade lines and grinds are awesome! I'm tempted from time to time to make another knife, but I think I spent 40 hours on my first (and only) one. Oh, and I need a forge for heat treating, so another reason to put it off. And a decent belt grinder. And....

Regards,
Michael

MikeL

Those blade lines and grinds are awesome! I'm tempted from time to time to make another knife, but I think I spent 40 hours on my first (and only) one. Oh, and I need a forge for heat treating, so another reason to put it off. And a decent belt grinder. And....

Regards,
Michael

Yes, I feel your pain on equipment costs. My wife thinks my hobby choices are so expensive. I only have half the equipment I wish I had.

PenPal

Breathtaking design and presentation.

No liar liar Pants on fire here, magnificent choice of handle material, painstaking solid ,hard work paid off in spades Mike.

I have seen masterful knives over years now I would put this your masterpiece in the highest catagory.

For sharing this be aware you have made my day from 12,000 miles away. A memorable morning indeed.

Peter.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have no use for these, but boy, I can still appreciate the artistry involved!

Well done! Thanks for posting.

Akula

Well done.

I have not made many pens in the last year but got a few knives ready to be dressed and finished in the next couple days.

Thanks for sharing.

thewishman

Gorgeous! Love the scales! Trying to imagine how you could make better knives with more of the equipment you'd like to have - those are so nice.

Welcome to pen making - you're gonna need a bigger shop.:wink:

Top Bottom